29.09.2011

Spelt and Buckwheat Bread


TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
 

Have you ever tried to mill grain to make your own flour with Thermomix? I've tried it for the first time with this recipe
I read in several forums that there were some Thermomix users who had already done it. Nevertheless I had my doubts
I had a promising recipe to try so I got on to work

For this bread we use two types of flours which are made of spelt and buckwheat grains

As you know spelt is considered to be one of the healthy grains and has many uses both as grain and flour.


Buckwheat is one of gluten free grains and often used in the products made for gluten intolerant people


And here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
350g spelt
150g buckwheat
350g water
40g fresh yeast
10g honey
10g salt
40g vinegar
90g sunflower seeds
50g flaxseeds
40g pumpkin seeds
50g sesame seeds
Butter
Oats


Preparation: 


  • Put 250g of spelt in TM Bowl and mill for 1 minute on Speed 10. Set aside
  • Put the remaining 100g of spelt and 150g of buckwheat. Mill for 1 minute on Speed 10. Set aside together with previously milled flour


  • Warm water for 1 minute at 37ºC on Speed 1
  • Add yeast and honey. Mix for 4 seconds on Speed 4
  • Add flours, salt, vinegar and all the seeds. Knead for 4 minutes
  • Grease an approx. 30 x 12 x 10cm loaf tin, sprinkle with oats. (My tin is 5cm deep so I used a second smaller one and baked 2 bread)
  • Transfer bread dough into loaf tin. Sprinkle with oats on the top. Cover with a tea towel and let it rise for 1.5 - 2 hours.

  • Bake in preheated oven at 220ºC for 40 minutes. (Since I had 5cm deep tins I baked 4-5 minutes less)
  • Let it rest for 10 minutes in the tin and then let it cool on the wire racks

Afiyet olsun...


Adapted with a few changes from the recipe called "Pane al Farro e Grano Saraceno" in the book named Cucinare a Modo Mio




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder