12.09.2012

Apricot Marmalade

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Kayısı Marmelatı"
PER ITALIANO "Marmellata di Albicocche"



There are times that I happen to publish some recipes in the off season, I know. I have so many in my draft box, some are about to be out of season, some are from the last winter, some from this summer... I decided to publish them no matter which season their ingredients are from. I need to make space for new ones.

I am not that fond of jams or marmalades, but this year I was kind of obliged to make one.

This summer apricot trees in the garden of Giuliano, father of our close friend Andrea, were very fruitful. We ate many hand-picking right from the trees. However there is a limit to how much people can eat :) So, we couldn't keep up with their growth and ripening pace.

It would be such a waste to let them overripe and rot on their branches. So I thought, the best way to use them up would be preparing jam or marmalade. So, I finally made my first batch of marmalade with Thermomix. I'd been meaning to update my recipe book with a marmalade recipe since a long while.

As I said, I am not a big fan so I gave away 2 of my 3 jars.
Lucia, my mother in law, used her share to prepare some beautiful Apricot Jam Tarts.
Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to photograph them. I must say that they were very delicious.

Apricot marmalade is something very easy to make. The most important thing is to use some good quality fruits. They shouldn't be bruised or overriped.
I only pitted them, left the skin on. They melted during cooking anyway.

And here comes the recipe...


Ingredients:
1000g apricot, halved and pitted
750g sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
20g lemon juice


Preparation:


  • Place all the ingredients in TM Bowl.



  • Cook for 40 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 2. If/when it starts splashing, place the steaming basket upside down on the TM Lid. 
  • Cook 10-15 minutes more at Varoma Temperature on Speed 2. If you'd like, puree it for 30 seconds on Speed 4-5. (I didn't find it necessary)
  • Let it rest for 5 minutes in TM Bowl. Transfer into sterilized jars. Tighten the lids and turn them upside down until cool.



Enjoy...


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder