PER ITALIANO "Viennetta"
Summer is coming closer, obviously not for everyone but for those of us who live in Northern Hemisphere it is... The days are getting longer, warmer...
So I believe it's about time to start ice cream recipes..
I made this Viennetta-like ice cream last year for the first time.
I am planning to make it again and again also this year ;)
It is highly recommended...
100g dark chocolate
3 egg whites
1 tsp vaniglia
500g fresh milk cream (cold)
50g dark chocolate
- As first thing to do cover a 30 x 11 cm cake tin with plastic film.
- Draw 3 rectangles on a piece of baking paper due to the size of the cake tin.
- Grind chocolate for 10 seconds on Speed 7-8.
- Scrape down the sides with spatula and melt chocolate for 4 minutes at 50°C on Speed 2-3.
- Fill the rectangles with melted chocolate using a brush as if painting.
- Let it cool in the freezer.
- Put sugar in a clean and dry TM Bowl and powderize for 20 seconds on Speed 10. Set aside.
- Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites and 70g of powdered sugar. Beat for 5 minutes at 37°C on Speed 3-4.
- Transfer egg whites into a deep bowl.
- Insert clean and dry Butterfly in a clean and dry TM Bowl
- Put cream and the remaining powdered sugar. Whip for 4-5 minutes on Speed 3. (Don't go over Speed 3, otherwise you risk to end up with butter instead of whipped cream)
- Transfer whipped cream into the bowl together with egg whites and fold in gently.
- Spread some cream in cake tin.
- Place the 1st layer of chocolate. (Remove gently chocolate from the baking paper)
- Spread some cream and place the 2nd layer of chocolate.
- Spread once more cream and place the 3rd and the last layer of chocolate. Spread the remaining cream over and level with spatula.
- Place in the freezer for minimum 3-4 hours.
- For decoration, grind 50g chocolate for 5 seconds on Speed 7 and scrape down the sides.
- Add milk and melt chocolate for 3-4 minutes at 50°C on Speed 2-3.
- Transfer ice cream into serving plate. Remove plastic film.
- Decorate with chocolate by using a piping bag. If you won't serve it yet put it back in the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve