16.01.2013

Curried Beef Stew with Green Peas

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Körili Bezelyeli Et"
PER ITALIANO "Bocconcini di Vitello Speziato con Piselli"



I don't know if it is a result of getting older or just a longing caused by being born and grown in a metropol like Istanbul, I recently find myself feeling so much closer to the nature and mother earth. I wonder how the products I find all packed and ready on supermarket shelves are actually grown and done. For instance how do you pick olives? I did not know anything about it but I was fortunate enough to know someone who has olive trees in his garden. When I heard it was almost the time to pick olives, I asked Giuliano to absolutely call me too for the task. I said all free of charge of course ;)

It was 15th of November when we went to the garden. I also took some photos for myself and also for the blog.

The olive trees in Giuliano's garden are producing enough for his family and maybe some more to give away to a few family friends as a gift. They are not in olive selling business I mean.




Giuliano is harvesting by using rakes. He places a large net under the tree. The raked olives fall all over the net. Later they are transferred into the crates.




Eventually the olives are cleaned off the leaves and branches. Pierina, Giuliano's wife, selects the largest and prettiest ones to use them as table olives. All the rest are taken to the oil mill facilities. For some fee they extract oil from your olives.




Maybe next time I visit an oil mill myself, see the process and share some pictures with you.
Giuliano gave us two nice bottles of olive oil after his visit to the oil mill. So it turned out I didn't work for free ;)




I noticed that it's been a while since I published any meat recipes. 
So, even if I had other recipes scheduled, I decided to post earlier this curried beef stew recipe, which I've made very recently and liked very much. I hope you enjoy it too.


Ingredients:
1 clove of garlic
50g extra virgin olive oil
600g beef
Flour
100g hot water
2 tsps curry
1/2 tsp paprika (sweet or hot up as you wish)
1 tsp ground ginger
300g frozen green peas
Salt

Preparation:


  • Cut meat into small pieces.


  • Place clove of garlic in TM Bowl. Chop for 10 seconds on Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl with spatula.


  • Add olive oil and cook for 3 minutes at 100°C on Speed 1. 
  • Flour meat and place in TM Bowl. Cook for 4-5 minutes at 100°C on Reverse / Speed 1.


  • Add water and spices. Cook for 45 minutes ate 90°C on Reverse / Soft Speed.


  • Add frozen peas and salt. Cook for 15 minutes at 90°C on Reverse / Soft Speed.





Enjoy....


Adapted from the the recipe called "Bocconcini di Vitello Speziato con Piselli" from the book named "Un Due Tre Invitiamo".

I served it accompanied by risoni and yogurt. 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder