PER ITALIANO "Dado di Pollo"
Having now made also chicken stock concentrate with Thermomix there is only fish stock concentrate left for me to try.
I published vegetable and meat stock concentrates in my previous posts.
I have always available at least one of these three in my fridge.
Since I got acquainted with Thermomix I haven't bought them anymore.
300g chicken thigh, bones and nerves removed (gross weight may be around 500g)
200g mixed vegetables: celery stick, onion, leek (all chopped roughly)
1 clove of garlic
1 sprig of rosemary (leaves only)
1 sprig of thyme or oregano (leaves only)
1-2 sprigs of parsley (leaves only)
1-2 sage leaves
150g coarse salt
100g white wine
1 dried bay leaf
5 coriander seeds
Note: To be exact, I used 60g celery stick, 70g onion, 70g leek. I didn't have coriander seeds, instead I added a little ground ginger and black pepper.
- Mince chicken for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Set aside.
- Put all the vegetables and herbs in TM Bowl, chop for 10 seconds on Speed 5.
- Add salt, minced chicken, wine, bay leaf, clove and coriander seeds.
- Place steaming basket on the lid and cook for 25-30 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming basket, place Measuring cup, homogenize for 1 minute on Speed 7.
- Transfer into an airtight jar let it cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.
You can prepare 500g chicken broth with 500g water and 1 tsp of this chicken stock concentrate.
You can store this in your refrigerator for a long time. However, if you think that you wouldn't be able to consume it in a matter of few months, you can fill ice trays and keep them in the freezer. This way you'd have very practical mono-portion cubes.