Finally I made my first meat stock concentrate with Thermomix!
I was so satisfied with my vegetable stock concentrate it took me a while to prepare this one
The next one will be chicken stock concentrate yet it seems to me that it is gonna take a while to consume this one.
The recipe is from Io e il mio Bimby.
I made a few changes and noted them down with the original recipe.
It has high salt content so that it could be stored for a longer period. For this reason I wouldn't advise you to taste when cooked. The most you can do is to sniff :)
When you prepare your own meat/vegetable/chicken concentrate most of the time you won't need to add salt in your meals. Check and adjust salt later to avoid from oversalting.
300g meat, without bones and sinews, cut into small pieces (I used 400g beef)
300g mixed vegetables: celery stalk, carrot, onion (I used 400g vegetables)
3 sage leaves
1 sprig fresh rosemary (leaves only)
2 sprigs parsley
1 clove of garlic
300g coarse salt (I didn't increase the amount of the salt)
30g red wine
1 bay leaf (optional)
1 clove (optional)
30g grated parmesan (optional)
- Grate parmesan for 7 seconds on Speed 9 and set aside.
- Prepare minced meat: 10 seconds Speed 7. Set aside.
- Put roughly chopped vegetables, garlic, sage, rosemary and parsley in TM Bowl. Chop for 10 seconds on Speed 5.
- Add salt, minced meat, wine, bay leaf and clove. Cook for 25-30 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 1.
- Add parmesan. Speed gradually up to 7. Homogenize by speeding up to 10. Continue 1 minute.
Note 1: You can use 1 tsp of meat stock concentrate for 1/2 litre water. You can store in the fridge a few months.
Note 2: If you won't be able to consume in a few months you can use ice trays to store in the freezer so that you would have some very practical mono-use portions as well.
Adapted from Io e il mio Bimby.