PER ITALIANO "Biscotti della Salute"
Yesterday salad and today "healthy" cookies...
Is this just a plain coincidence or does it have anything to do with the warming weather and upcoming summer at some subconscious level? I honestly don't know:)
Why are they referred as healthy cookies by the way? Because they don't have any flour, sugar, egg, butter or margarine!
I hear some of you saying "How on earth?" Well.. You can see the recipe below. - Ok, ok, they have a respectable amount of chocolate but let's give ourselves a break on that matter, won't we? :)
They are not crispy kind of cookies but have a softer texture. I like having them warm as well, right out of oven, better not to exaggerate though ;)
They are healthy alright, yet not so low on calories, so our motto "everything in moderation" applies here too.
We sometimes have these cookies instead of Kellogg's or Nestle Fitness bars, one cookie replacing one bar.
If you don't have to worry about putting on weight, you don't obviously need to limit yourselves with 1 cookie only! :)
100g blanched almonds
30g dessicated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
400g banana, peeled, cut into 3-4 pieces each
40g olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g chocolate chips
- Grind almonds for 20 seconds on Speed 10. Transfer into a deep bowl.
- Add dessicated coconut, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon onto ground almonds. Mix all with a spoon.
- Put bananas, oil and vanilla extract in TM Bowl. Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 3-4.
- Add the mixture of dry ingredients in TM Bowl. Mix for 15-20 seconds on Reverse / Speed 4-5.
- Transfer into a deep bowl, add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon or spatula.
- Get small pieces of the mixture. Place on the tray which is previously covered with baking paper. (I used my ice cream scoop, each cookie weighed around 35g. With this recipe you will get two batches of cookies)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC. (Original recipe says cooking time is around 12-15 minutes but I baked them around 22-25 minutes. Adjust your baking time according to your oven which may differ from one to another. I baked them until the bottoms were well browned.)
Adapted with some changes from this recipe.
Many thanks to Heidi and Nikki' for sharing.