PER ITALIANO "Omelette di Mia Nonna"
My dearest granny (rest in peace) would make us this delicious omelette. I would make it more often in the past. Since cholesterol data became a part of the equation I tend to make it every once in a while now.
My beloved granny would make it with less ingredients. She wouldn't use neither parsley nor tomatoes. Only a nice piece of cheese would do it.
The recipe is very flexible and practical, I prepare my omelette with various ingredients depending also what I have in the fridge.
I most often make it as below:
5-10g parsley leaves
A pinch of salt
10g feta cheese
50g feta cheese, crumbled
10 pitted olives, chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Chop parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl with spatula and add eggs, milk, salt, pepper. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 3-4.
- Add cheese and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4.
- Heat an oiled non stick pan. Pour the egg mixture.
- Cook at medium-high temperature until the top is not runny but set.
- Place crumbled cheese, chopped olives and tomatoes in the middle as in the picture.
- Gently fold the sides over the center to close and cook at medium-low temperature until the cheese slightly melts.
- Cut in half and serve into the plates.