PER ITALIANO "Torta di Cioccolato Marmorizzato"
130g dark chocolate
130g butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
150g white chocolate
100g dark chocolate
- Grease a 20cm diameter cake tin and cover with baking paper.
- Melt 130g chocolate with bainmarie method.
- Beat butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes at Speed 3 until creamy. Scrape down the sides with spatula.
- Start Thermomix at Speed 3-4 and add the eggs one by one through the hole of TM Lid. Beat for 40 seconds.
- Add flour and baking powder (both sifted). Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
- Add milk, brandy and vanilla. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
- Transfer half of the mixture in a bowl.
- Add melted chocolate into the remaining mixture in TM Bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on Speed 4.
- Pour 1 spoon of vanilla batter in the cake tin, then pour 1 spoon of chocolate batter. Continue until you finish them all.
- Give a marbled look by using a skewer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 35-40 minutes. (use a toothpick to check if cooked)
- Get out of the oven. Let it rest in the tin for 15 minutes. Remove it and let it cool.
- In a clean TM Bowl place white chocolate and chop for 8 seconds on Speed 8.
- Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl. Add cream and melt for 4-5 minutes on Speed 2-3. Set aside.
- Put dark chocolate in TM Bowl, chop for 8 seconds on Speed 8.
- Add cream and melt for 4-5 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2-3.
- Pour 1 spoon of melted white chocolate and 1 spoon of dark chocolate as in the picture and give a marbled look by using a skewer.
Recommended to be consumed the same day.
Adapted with several changes from the recipe called Torta di Cioccolato Marmorizzato in the book named Pazzi per il Cioccolato.