4.07.2012

New York Cheesecake

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
PER ITALIANO



My fascination with cheese makes great influence on my cake and dessert choices as well. I adore cheesecakes. It can be either plain or with fruits or chocolate, you can use Philadelphia, Ricotta or Mascarpone to make it.. I don't really care as long as I get to eat some cheese also for dessert! :)

I saw this recipe among the cheesecake recipes of BBC Food. Having read all the marvellous comments I decided to make it. However I succeeded only when I made it the second time.

I must confess that I felt a little disappointed how it turned out considering all the good words the users put. I have to be fair though, it was super delicious which is why we made the second attempt. The problem with the first trial was that it didn't set all all and collapsed in the centre, it turned to be more pudding than cheesecake.

Even if it couldn't meet visual expectations, it was so delicious that Stefano asked me many times to make it again, he almost begged for it :)
Finally I decided to surprise him on his birthday.

Having read again all the comments and reviews on the page and adding also my previous experience into the equation I made several changes in the recipe. At last it turned to be a terrific cheesecake, neither collapsed nor cracked. To me it was no different from those you buy in a Cafe or pastry shop, maybe even better.

Ingredients:

Crust:
100g butter, cut into pieces
200g Digestive biscuits
20g brown sugar

Cheesecake filling:
850g Philadelphia, left at room temperature for 1 hour
250g brown sugar
90g flour
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
4 large eggs, at room temperature
200g sour cream*

 
Topping:
250g sour cream*
20g brown sugar
2 tsp lemon juice

* I have difficulty to find sour cream around here. I tried several recipes and methods on how to make sour cream at home. The one that satisfied me the most so far is as below:

Put in a jar 250g fresh cream and 100g yogurt, mix well. (I use whole cream and whole yogurt) Close the lid, wrap with a blanket, let it rest for 36 hours. 
Later store your sour cream in the fridge.

You would need to prepare 2 jars of sour cream for this cheesecake.


Preparation:

  • As first thing place about 300g brown sugar in TM Bowl and powderize for 5 seconds on Speed 9. Set aside.


  • Melt butter for 4-5 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2.
  • Add biscuits and 20g of powdered sugar, mix for 10 seconds on Speed 6.
  • Grease a 24cm springform pan, cover with baking paper, press the mixture into the bottom of cake pan. Let it rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
  • Bake it for 10 minutes in preheated oven at 180ºC. Cool on wire rack.
  • In a clean TM Bowl place cheese and beat for 2.5 minutes on Speed 4-5.


  • Scrape down the sides with spatula, add 250g of sugar and beat for 1 minute on Speed 4-5.
  • Weigh flour in another bowl, add a pinch of salt and mix. Start TM on Speed 4 and gradually add flour by spoon through the hole of TM Lid. Mix for 40 seconds in total.
  • Add vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 3-4.
  • Start TM on Speed 4, add eggs one at a time through the hole of TM Lid. Mix for 40 seconds in total.
  • Add sour cream and mix for 40 seconds on Speed 3.
  • Pour the cheese filling into cake pan. Pop any air bubbles with a tooth stick.
  • Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 130ºC and bake for 1 hour 45 minutes. Turn off the oven. Let it cool for 2 hours inside the oven (Do not open the oven door to prevent any cracking)
  • Remove it from the oven and let it cool at room temperature.

  • Insert butterfly in a clean TM Bowl. Beat cold sour cream, sugar and lemon juice for 1 minute on Speed 3. Spread the topping. Let it rest in the fridge at least for 8 hours or preferably overnight)

Enjoy...


  
Happy Birthday My Darling
I would like to thank you for all the love and care you give me 
making my life worthwhile
and also for all the hard work you dedicated so willingly to this blog 
stealing from your precious sleep
I love you...

Adapted with some modifications from BBC Good Food's all praised New York Cheesecake recipe.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder