8.01.2013

Chocolate Salami

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Çikolata Salamı"
PER ITALIANO "Salame di Cioccolato"


Here comes a recipe where we can use yesterday's Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe.

The one gave me the idea of preparing Chocolate Salami was a colleague of Stefano. 
Often Stefano's colleagues bring cakes and snacks to the office to celebrate birthdays, holidays...etc. I contributed too with cakes, tarts and cheesecakes for several occasions. So when Nicola asked Ste if I knew how to make chocolate salami, I started my research upon such request ;)

I first saw the recipe I'd been looking for in Helene's blog Super Kitchen Machine. Helene herself got it from Madelene's blog The British Larder. I also added Valerie's experiences which she mentioned in her blog A Canadian Foodie. I made a few changes myself and ended up with the recipe below. It's been a very collective work as you see. I would like to thank everyone who took a part.

This recipe received so much appreciation and compliments that I made it again and again and again in a short period of time.
It surely does have the looks and also stores very well in the fridge.
Additionally, it makes a very nice gift when you go to visit some friends.


Ingredients:
50g sugar
200g Digestive biscuits
70g pistachios, shelled
70g nuts
70g almonds
70-80g Rum
80g butter, roughly chopped
200g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces (70% cocoa)
2 egg yolks
80g sweetened condensed milk
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

For dusting
Graham crumbs, icing sugar, cocoa powder

Preparation:

  • Powderize sugar for 10 seconds on Speed 10. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, break biscuits into tiny pieces by your hands. (Don't turn them into crumbs though)
  • Chop nuts and almonds into small pieces. (I put them in a plastic bag and beat with a glass)

  • Mix biscuits, nuts, almonds and pistachios in a bowl. Add half amount of Rum (35-40g) and mix gently.

  • Put butter in TM Bowl. Melt for 2 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2.
  • Add chocolate and cook for 3 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2.
  • Add egg yolks, icing sugar, sweetened condensed milk, salt, the remaining Rum (35-40g) and vanilla. Cook for 6 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2.
  • Let it cool for 15 minutes (IMPORTANT!!!)
  • Add cooled chocolate mixture to biscuit mixture and mix well gently.


  • Let it rest another 10-15 minutes.
  • Transfer half the mixture onto plastic film.
  • With the help of plastic film roll it gently and give it a salami shape. Tie off the ends.


  • Roll it firmly with sushi mat to give it a classical salami texture look, wrap with rubber band.


  • Prepare the second salami as explained before.


  • Refrigerate them overnight.
  • The day after remove them from the fridge, unwrap gently, remove the sushi mat and plastic film.
  • Roll and dust your salami with icing sugar, cocoa powder and graham crumbs.



  • Wrap it with baking paper or butcher's paper, tie with kitchen twine to enhance the effect when serving or gifting.
 



  • Store in the fridge until you serve
  • Remove it from its package, cut into slices and serve.
 


Enjoy.


As I stated before, I made a few changes myself due to my palate and the ingredients I had.

For instance, I used Rum instead of Porto vine. Rum gives a strong taste however we like it
I haven't used any dried or candied fruits.
I increased the total amount of nuts mixture to 210g instead of using 140g.

Sources:
The British Larder
Super Kitchen Machine
A Canadian Foodie

Thanks to Madalene, Helene and Valerie...







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder