PER ITALIANO "Torta di San Valentino"
This San Valentine's day I felt like preparing a lovely table for my Valentine :) Of course it was inevitable to end with a gorgeous cake.
With time, I will publish the recipes of the food I served in my Valentine's Day table. I know, 14th February of 2012 is already passed. However one doesn't have to wait for the next year, we all have some special days, anniversaries, monthversaries, don't we? ;) This cake could make a nice surprise for such days.
San Valentine's Cake came to life as a result of the combination of a few recipes and a pinch of imagination. This was the first time I used my heart-shaped cake tin. I was a bit hesitant though, I don't know, it always looked somewhat not large enough to do anything. However it was ideal for this cake. You'll see its dimension below.
It is not hard to make however it consists of a few stages so you'd better start in a timely manner.
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
70g dessicated coconut
1 bag of vanillin sugar or 1 tsp vaniglia
160g strawberry marmalade
10g fresh lemon juice
200g white chocolate
50g white chocolate
Red food colouring
- Melt butter for 3-4 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2-3. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes with lid off.
- Sift in flour. Add baking powder, cocoa, sugar, coconut, vanillin and egg, Mix for 40 seconds on Speed 3-4. (You'll have a non-fluid )
- Transfer the mixture in greased-floured (or baking paper covered) cake tin, spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
- Let it cool. (The center may collapse, also in the pictures of the book it seemed so a bit)
- Remove the cake GENTLY off the tin and transfer into serving plate. Don't place it upside down, it may break.
- Warm marmalade and lemon juice for 2-2.5 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 2.
- Pour and spread right away on the top and the edges of the cake. Let it cool.
- Melt white chocolate, butter and cream for 4-5 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2-3. Set aside, let cool.
- While cooling chocolate and butter will separate. Put it back in TM Bowl, mix for 20-30 seconds on Speed 4 until it gets creamy.
- Spread it on the top and edges of the cake.
Pink Chocolate and Decoration:
- Melt white chocolate for 3-4 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2-3. Mix with a few drops of red coloring.
- Cover a plate or bowl with baking paper, pour colored chocolate, let it cool in the fridge.
- When it is firm, grate it.
- Decorate the sides with candy sprinkles, sprinkle and coat top of the cake with grated pink chocolate.