PER ITALIANO "Impasto con Patata per Tartellette Salate "
I prepared these for our Valentine's Day Supper for the first time. We liked them so much that I made them again and again, 4 times in 10 days, whenever we had guests. They are not only delicious but also look very pretty.
200g potatoes, cut into pieces
500g water (to steam)
125g butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp salt
Or some other cheese / vegetable combinations as you wish
- Put water in TM Bowl, insert Steaming Basket.
- Place potatoes in Steaming Basket, close TM Lid, place Measuring Cup, steam for 20-25 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 2.
- Set potatoes aside. Empty TM Bowl, rinse with cold water so that it would cool.
- Put 200g steamed potatoes in TM Bowl. Puree for 30 seconds on Speed 3.
- Sift in flour.
- Add salt and butter. Knead for 2,5 minutes.
- Wrap dough with plastic film. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Grease and flour your mini tart pans.
- Get pieces from the dough. Roll out with a rolling pin. Place in the tart pin. (I obtain 10-11 mini pies in total)
- Flour the bottom of one tart pin. As in the photo place it over the dough, press lightly, remove it, remove the excess dough.
- Poke holes using a fork.
- Cover with baking paper, place baking paper and beans.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes.
- Remove beans and baking paper, bake for 5 minutes. (I baked an extra 10 minutes until they were a bit browned. Try not to over-bake tough to prevent it from hardening to much)
- When cooled, remove them gently.
- Fill them as you wish. I used the Cheese Mousse and Pepper Salsa . It turned to be a great combination for our taste! I'd highly recommend. I filled a few with only pepper salsa, few with only cheese mousse and the rest with both. If you are going to prepare them just to fill these mini tarts, of course you'll have plenty of Cheese Mousse and Pepper Salsa left however I believe they will be consumed very fast, firstly because they would have a wide range of use, and secondly they taste so good! ;)
- The savory mini tarts are delicious also the day after.
- You can fill them with some other cheese and vegetable combination as you desire.
The original recipe is here.
Thanks to Yasemin for sharing.