25 01 2012

Mixed Seed Bread

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
PER ITALIANO
 

We really enjoyed this bread of which I got the recipe from a Turkish food magazine. I made some modifications on it as usual.

On a day that Stefano and I didn't have the time to have a proper lunch at home I needed to make something like sandwiches. I wanted to prepare something I hadn't tried yet so I made this one. Even if its round shape was not very suitable to make sandwiches, I tried to slice it asssording to my needs.

When baked, I took a picture of it in front of my recently planted herbs. I know, I didn't pick the best period of time to plant my herbs as we are in the middle of the winter. I am using sage and rosemary quite often. Since I was on to it, I decided, why not, to plant also some thyme. I won't have to steal herbs from the neighbours' anymore ;) Rather than getting from the others or buying, my lazziness to go out every time I needed a couple of sprigs or leaves led me to do so. I have them all ready in front of my kitchen window now. :)

This is going to be my 2nd trial. My rosemary and sage were bugged for some unknown reason. (Well, as a person who grew up in the city any reason would be unknown to me anyway) I hope this time I achieve my goal. If only I could plant some basil as well however it is such a delicate plant that it hardly grows. Or it is not him, it's me! :)

Here are the ingredients...

Ingredients:
320g water
75g grape molasses
25g fresh yeast
350g whole wheat flour
150g rye flour
50g white flour
15g salt
100g sunflower seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
50g sesame seeds
50g poppy seeds
1 tbsp wheat bran


Preparation:


  • Warm water for 1 minute at 37ºC on Speed 1.
  • Add grape molasses and yeast. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4.
  • Add flours and salt. Knead for 3 minutes.
  • Add sunflower, cumin, sesame and poppy seeds. Knead for 40-60 seconds.
  • Transfer it into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic film and let it rise around 1.5-2 hours.
  • Knead for a little while with your hands and give it a round shape.
  • Transfer into baking tray which is previously covered with baking paper, cover with a damp tea towel, let it rise for 1 hour.
  • Sprinkle with wheat bran.

  • Bake in preheated oven at 220ºC for 35 minutes.
  • Let it cool on wire racks.

Enjoy.

I made it again after a short while but this time I shaped it as I do with New York Rye Bread as you see below. I personally like this shape much better. Up to your preference.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

nRelate