8.11.2010

Witch Fingers

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
   

It's been a few days that I couldn't take care of my blog as I wished.

Regular readers would know that I publish one recipe for each weekday. But last week I couldn't so. Since we started renewing the kitchen there was lot to do and we had our lunches and suppers out, at my mother-in-law's. I didn't have time to post even the recipes I already had. Works in the kitchen haven't been finished yet however I have a bit more time now and I will try to post more this week.

I made these horrifying Witch Fingers for Halloween. I can say that they were quite a big hit :)
I know! Halloween time is over for 2010. Sorry for publishing this late! Nevertheless, you can try them for next Halloween or a horror theme supper :)

100g butter
50g sugar
1 pack vanillin sugar (5gr)
2 eggs
A pinch of salt
300g flour
Blanched almonds
Any red color jam (Strawberry jam that I bought wasn't as red as I liked. So, after I dipped fingers into jam I used few drops of Alchermes liqueur for a better color and resulted great!)

  • Mix butter, sugar and vanillin sugar for 3 minutes at 37ºC on Speed 3
  • Add eggs and a pinch of salt. Mix for 5 seconds on Speed 3
  • Add flour and mix for 20 seconds on Speed 6. (If not well mixed mix for some more seconds)
  • Roll and wrap with plastic film. Put it in the fridge at least for 30 minutes (I put in the freezer for 30 minutes)
  • Get small pieces from the dough. Roll them into a finger shape. Place them in an oven tray which is covered with baking paper
  • For nails, place almonds, and press them into dough a little.
  • Make small cuts (not too deep) with a knife to make them look like wrinkles on the fingers
  • Bake them in preheated oven at 180ºC for 30-40 minutes
  • After baked, remove almonds gently, spread a little jam under the nails and then place the almonds back
  • Spread a little jam also at the bottom of the fingers and place them into the serving plate

Enjoy:)




The link for the original recipe is here

  

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder