A very delicious meat-free moussaka recipe so vegetarians can also enjoy
Lentils, eggplants, tomatoes and cheesy bechamel form a great combination together with all the rest of the ingredients. It is almost impossible for me not to like something that includes cheese.
The recipe is for 6 people but if you leave it to me I could have had half of the tray quite easily. Considering the consequences I respected the portions yet I saw that potentital in me! ;)
Here is the recipe...
120g parmesan, roughly chopped
30g extra virgin olive oil
200g onion, quartered
3 cloves of garlic
150g green or red pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
400g canned diced tomatoes
200g red lentils
120g red wine
1 tbsp thyme or oregano
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsps salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop parmesan for 15 seconds by speeding up gradually from 2 to 10. Set aside
- Put oil, onions, garlic and red/green pepper. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 5
- Add diced tomatoes. Cook for 8 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 1
- Cut eggplants lengthwise into 1cm slices and place them in Varoma Bowl
- Add washed-drained lentils into TM Bowl. Add also wine, thyme/oregano, ground ginger, salt and black pepper into Bowl. Place Varoma. Cook for 20 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Reverse/Soft Speed
- Grease a little your baking tray.
- Place eggplant slices one next to another. Spread lentil mixture on the top
- No need to clean TM Bowl. Place butter, milk, flour and a pinch of salt. Cook for 8 minutes at 90ºC on Speed 4.
- Add 60g of grated parmesan into bechamel sauce and mix for 5 seconds on Speed 4
- Pour sauce over lentils. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan
- Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC for 20-25 minutes
- Take it out of oven. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve
Adapted with a few changes from the recipe called Moussaka di Lenticchie in the book named A Tutto Vapore
Nutritional values per serving are estimated as below: