480g baker's flour
10g fresh yeast
- Warm water for 1 minute at 37ºC on Speed 1
- Add yeast and mix for 4 seconds on Speed 4
- Sift in flour, add sugar and salt. Mix for 15 seconds on Speed 5-6
- Knead for 2 minutes
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic film and let it rest for 1 hour
- Divide it into 8 pieces. each about 100g
- Roll them into a ball shape. Make holes in the middle with your thumb and stretch them a little with your hands making the hole larger
- Cover them with a damp cloth and let them rest for 15 minutes
- Boil some water in a large pot. Add bagels one at a time. Cook 30 seconds each sides. First put in a drainer (not paper towel cos it sticks), and then place in the oven tray which is covered with baking paper
- Bake them in preheated oven at 240ºC for 15 minutes
- Let them cool down a little before you serve
Note: We had the bagels also the day after by simply warming them in a teflon pan. They were very delicious even the second day.
Note 2: Next time I will try to make them brushing with beaten egg before I bake them. I might reduce sugar amount to 10g as well.
You can see the original recipe here or there
Special thanks to Karen for this easy an delicious bagel recipe...