I've recently remembered that when Serenella first made this tart from the book called Torte e Biscotti we enjoyed it very much.
I chose it as my birthday cake, I photographed all the steps so that I could share here in blog with you guys.
I hope you enjoy it too.
1 egg yolk
120g butter at room temperature, cubed
1 bag of vanillin sugar
1 bag of baking powder
100g blanched almonds
1 egg yolk
150g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
20g whole milk
Note: I used 20 grams of Vanilla sugar for both tart base and ricotta filling. So I reduced amount of the sugar accordingly.
- Place all the tart base ingredients in TM Bowl and mix for 15 - 20 seconds on Speed 5.
- Get a round tart pan of 26 or 28cm.
- Cut a piece of baking paker due to size of the tart pan. It should be large enough to cover also the sides of the pan.
- Roll out tart base with a rolling pin over the baking paper. Transfer the base carefully into tart pan.
- Grind almonds for 10 seconds on Speed 7.
- Spread chopped almonds over tart base.
- Mix sugar and eggs for 1 minute on Speed 4.
- Add ricotta and mix for 2 minutes on Speed 3-4.
- Spread ricotta filling over the almond mixture.
- Fold exceeding parts of the base. Brush with a little milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool at room temperature.
- Grind chocolate for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Add milk and cook for 3 minutes at 70ºC on Speed 3.
- Spread it all over the ricotta tart by a spatula. Decorate as you wish.
It's recommended to let it rest in the fridge at least for 3 hours. I usually prepare such tarts very early morning or the day before.