15.06.2010

Cream Cheese Like Philadelphia


It’s been quite an adventure to make this cheese. I found the Philly recipe in Forum Thermomix however I couldn’t find the right ingredients. So I decided to try with the ones I had.
I must say that it doesn’t taste like Philadelphia %100 (maybe because I’ve changed the ingredients) but you can be sure of that you’d have a very nice and tasty cream cheese also with the ingredients I’ve used

I took the photo before I put it in the fridge. After resting in the fridge it gets even thicker.

With this recipe I've got about 950g cheese. You can find below the original ingredients together with my substitutes

500g Quark cheese (I’ve used ricotta)
250g butter
200g sour cream (I made it myself**)
½ - ¾ tsp salt

Procedure is very easy. Put all the ingredients in TM Bowl and cook for 5-6 minutes at 70ºC on Speed 4. Put it in a container or a jar, let it cool down first, then close the lid and keep it in the fridge.

Buon appetito…

** I didn't have sour cream either so I made it myself. I mixed 200g of fresh cream and 50g of yogurt in a glass jar, I closed the lid tight and left it at room temperature for 1 day. Then I put it in the fridge for a few hours before I used.

Note: I’ve tried to use this cheese to make cheesecake. I can’t say that it tasted bad however it releases lot butter during baking. So I wouldn’t recommend to use it as a cheesecake ingredient



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder