Another cookie recipe which I prepared with Christmassy cookie cutters...
200g toasted, skinned hazelnuts
250g butter, cut into pieces
170g rice flour
1 bag of baking powder (10g)
1 bag of vanillin sugar (5g)
- Chop hazelnuts for 10 seconds on Speed 7. Set aside.
- Melt butter for 3 minutes at 37ºC on Speed 2.
- Clean down the sides of TM Bowl with Spatula and continue for 1-2 minutes at 37ºC on Speed 2 until the butter is melted.
- Add sugar, egg and milk. Mix for 1.5 minutes on Speed 3-4.
- Sift in a bowl, flour, rice flour, cinnamon, baking powder and vanillin and mix.
- Start Thermomix on Speed 4-5. Add flour mixture through the hole of TM Lid. Continue for 1 minute.
- Mix for 1 minute on Speed 6.
- Divide into 2 pieces, wrap with plasctic film, let them rest in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on a baking paper, sprinkle with a little flour when needed, cut with cookie cutters. Cookies should be a bit distant from since they tend to widen a bit during baking.
- Set aside the excess doug. Transfer cookies with baking parer into baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 160ºC.
- Let them cool on a wire track.
- Continue with the remaining cookie dough until finished all.
- Decorate them with royal icing.
Note: These delicious cookies are very delicate so you would need to handle them very gently.