13.04.2010

Acılı Ezme / Hot Tomato Salad


I adapted this from a Turkish recipe which is called "Acili Ezme". In Turkey it is served as salad along with kebap but not only. I prepare it even for breakfast sometimes. There are many different ways of preparing it changing from town to town. This is my favourite way. I hope you like it

1 red onion
10g parsley leaves
15g olive oil
1 dessert spoon Pomegranate Molasses Salad Dressing
½ lemon juice
20g hot pepper paste (red pepper paste)
80g green pepper
5-6 tomatoes
Enough salt
  • Cut the onion in quarters. Chop it for 5 seconds on Speed 5. Clean down the sides of the TM bowl with spatula and repeat it once more. Set aside.
  • Chop parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Clean down the sides of the TM bowl with spatula
  • Add olive oil, pomegranate molasses salad dressing, lemon juice and hot pepper paste. Mix it 5 seconds on Speed 5.
  • Clean the pepper from its seeds, cut into chunks and add it into the TM bowl. Chop speeding up from 2 to 5. Repeat 3 times. (5 seconds in total)
  • Cut the tomatoes in quarters.  Remove its seeds. (Don’t throw them out. You may use for another dish)
  • Add also tomatoes and chop speeding up from 2 to 5. Repeat 3 times. (5 seconds in total)
  • Rub the onion with ur hands and squeeze the liquid away. Rinse under the water and squeeze again. (This is optional.)
  • Add onion in TM Bowl, season with some salt. Mix it for 5 seconds on Reverse/Speed 2
  • Put your salad in a bowl, close it with a lid or cover with plastic film and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour before you serve
Optional: If you wish you can add 1 clove of garlic. I didn't add because it is very strong for me

Alternative quick preparation method:  If you don’t have enough time put all the ingredients in the TM bowl except for olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses salad dressing. Chop them all together and then drain the liquid away putting the salad in a drainer.  Add olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses salad dressing as last step and mix it. Obviously I’d prefer the first method.

Note: I like the onion taste but it also troubles my stomach when I eat fresh onion. So I squeeze the liquid of onion because this way it doesn't trouble me at all. You can skip this step if you like onion taste a lot.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder