18.08.2010

Light Milk Pudding with Grape Pekmez


Finally I found a light dessert recipe that I liked. The pudding doesn't contain any sugar or fat! In fact I did not set my hopes up when I decided to prepare it but we really enjoyed it as soon as we got the first spoon.

I don't recommend you to taste before dressing though because it is practically tasteless! :)
Dressing turns it to be something else!

As for Pekmez dressing... It is something like molasses. I used a kind made of grapes. Since I didn't try any other grape molasses than Pekmez, I won't be of any help to tell you how similiar they actually taste. For more information you can check Wiki

I believe I could use this light pudding with some other sauces and dressings. I haven't tried yet. I update if I try any


Milk Pudding:
20g rice flour
30g wheat starch
75g flour
200g water
1 litre semi-skimmed milk


Dressing:
1 cup of pekmez (like grape molasses)
1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
Cinnamon


  • Mix water, rice flour, wheat starch and flour for 30 seconds on Speed 3-4
  • Add milk and cook for 10 minutes at 90ºC on Speed 4
  • Cook for 4 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 4
  • Wet a casserole with a bit of water (I used 20x30cm size)
  • Pour your pudding into casserole and let it cool down at room temperature
  • After cooled down, let it rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours

  • Cut pudding into 8 equal pieces, take into serving plates
  • Make a "+" shaped incision in the center of each pudding using a sharp knife
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon. Dress with a few dessert spoons pekmez, sprinkle with some walnuts and serve


Afiyet olsun :)


Note: Dress with pekmez, cinnamon and walnuts just before you serve, not in advance!

It is adapted from the book named Modern Turkish Kitchen by Alev Kaman 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder